The day of the tournament has arrived and the Royal Grounds are bustling with the sound of royal, noble, and merchant lord alike. Almost anyone that matters seems to be present, save for a few notable exceptions, such as the Lady Shoshana of House Vymont and the whole of House Maret.
With the start of the tournament, comes the inevitable chaos of the eager throngs, a chaos that even the Royal Guard has trouble controlling, particularly with so many large egos in a walled in space. Fights break out and sometimes the Guard can’t be summoned quick enough. That leaves it to those present to act.
- Leon of House Roux, Rowan of House Vymont, Canaan of House Dym, Cali of House Boivin, and Vox of House Cantrell meet – albeit briefly and under odd circumstances, the group forced to break up a fight in the Mead Run that was disrupting Cali’s business.
- Canaan bumped into a strange dwarf carrying gardening implements and a stack of tattered parchments – one of which fell from his grasp before he wandered off. The parchment seemed to be some manner of advert, though using a style of print that’s only now just being used in distant Irongate. The note’s contents was equally queer.
- The festivities of the tourney proper begin, the group entering the fields just in time to see the same strange dwarf being carted off by the Royal Guard, complaining of foreigners leaving litter in the Royal Garden.
- Leon, Canaan, and Vox take part in one of the minor bouts, putting their skills against similar combatants eager for the prize of a sizable purse and a new warhorse. While each fought with enough tenacity to defeat their first opponents, the in the final match, a three-way contest – only Vox stood at the end, winning him the prize.
- Meanwhile Cali and Rowan watched, sipping wine comfortably while discussing the merit of each fighter while better getting to know one another.
- Before the Mage Duals, a mysterious event held somewhat more exclusively to spellcasters and safely away from passerby’s, the day’s victors were presented with the favor of the King and Queen. As the combatant from House Vox in the minor bouts was presented, the Lady Ingrid, Grand Magister of the Crown, collapsed while distractedly staring at the Scepter of the Moon, leaving everyone nearby in shock and dismay.